This is a very nutritious dish. Cauliflower is high in dietary fiber and an excellent source of vitamin C.
We use cream of chicken soup to flavor the cauliflower so this is not a true vegetarian dish. The cream of chicken soup also makes the dish quite saucy, making it a great dish for steamed rice. For a true vegetarian dish, cream of mushroom soup may be used
Kids love this creamy dish.
- 1-1/2 pounds cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 3 to 4
- Place a stainless steal wok on stove.
- Turn heat to medium high and add oil.
- When oil is hot, add cauliflower.
- Stir fry cauliflower for 1 minute.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Add garlic powder and mix well.
- Add water.
- Close lid and let it cook for 8 minute.
- Open lid, add cream of chicken and mix well.
- Turn of heat and serve on a plate.
- When cauliflower is being simmered, check once a while if water has evaporated. If water has evaporated, add 1/4 cup water. We need about 1/4 cup water after simmering to mix with the cream of chicken soup. However, too much water will make the dish too watery instead of creamy.
- Don't overcook the cauliflower. When cooked properly, the cauliflower should taste slightly crunch.