This is a very nutritious dish. Salmon is high in protein and a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D.
Preparing this dish is very easy although it does take a little effort to make the ginger juice. We first cut a few small pieces off a large ginger root. There is no need to peel the ginger. We then use a garlic press to get the juice out of ginger pieces and a mesh strainer to filter out the pulp.
The ginger juice and soy sauce really make the dish very aromatic while the honey adds a nice sweetness to the salmon.
- 10 ounces salmon
- 2 teaspoons ginger juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 2
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, honey, ginger juice and oil well.
- Place salmon in a baking dish.
- Drizzle honey soy mixture over salmon.
- Place salmon in a 375F preheated oven.
- Bake salmon at 375F until cooked through (about 15 minutes).
- Make sure the salmon is not overcooked. The baking time may need to be adjusted accordingly. When cooked right, the salmon is cooked through but remains moist inside.
- We microwave the honey for a few seconds so that it can be mixed with other ingredient more easily.