This fried rice is very easy to make, probably as easy as making a roast beef sandwich. Perfect for a quick and tasty lunch.
The mustard sauce goes really well with the roast beef and peas, and makes this fried rice taste zesty and delicous.
As roast beef is very lean, this fried rice is also low in fat and healthy.
- 6 ounces deli roast beef slices, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- 1 to 2
- Place a non-stick pan on stove.
- Turn heat to medium and add oil.
- When oil is hot, add beef.
- Stir fry beef for 1/2 minute.
- Add peas and salt.
- Stir fry for 1/2 minute.
- Add mustard and mix.
- Add rice and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce and mix well.
- Turn off heat and serve.
- Cooked roast beef slices can be easily found in the deli section of most supermarkets.
- If the roast beef is already well seasoned, use a little less salt and soy sauce.
- If you like it more pungent, use hot mustard. If you like it milder, honey mustard is a good alternative.