Preserved snow cabbage is made from pickling a type of Chinese mustard plant with salt. It is very flavorful and becomes very aromatic when cooked.
Preserve snow cabbage and pork go very well together and is a popular combination in many Chinese dishes. In this recipe, we use this combination to make a simple but very delicious and aromatic fried rice.
- 7 ounces ground pork
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 small can (5.5 ounces) preserved snow cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 2
- Add soy sauce and cornstarch to pork and mix well.
- Place a non-stick pan on stove.
- Turn heat to medium and add oil.
- When oil is hot, add snow cabbage.
- Stir fry snow cabbage for about 2 minutes.
- Add pork and stir fry pork until well done
- Add rice and stir fry rice for about 2 minutes.
- Turn heat off and serve on a plate
- Preserved snow cabbage can be quite salty. You can reduce the saltiness by rinsing it with water.
- A little cornstarch is needed to keep the ground pork moist.
- We use pre-cooked rice which has been refrigerated overnight.