This is one of the most common Chinese vegetable dishes served at home and in restaurants.
Bok Choy literally means white vegetable in Chinese. It belongs to the cabbage family. Bok Choy is very nutritious. It is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and several other healthy minerals such as iron and calcium. Compared to regular Bok Choy, Shanghai Bok Choy is somewhat sweeter and as nutritious.
Since Shanghai Bok Choy is naturally sweet, we donít need to add a lot of flavoring ingredients to make this dish delicious.
- 1-1/2 pounds Shanghai bok choy,
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 to 3
- Place a stainless steal wok on stove.
- Turn heat to medium high and add oil.
- When oil is hot, add garlic.
- Stir fry garlic for 15 seconds.
- Add bok choy and stir fry bok choy until wilted.
- Add salt and stir fry for 1/2 minute.
- Close lid and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Open lid, turn off heat and serve on a plate.
- We normally need to rinse the bok choy very well in order to remove the dirt from the stalks.
- When the Shanghai Bok Choy is properly cooked, the stems are crisp-tender.