This is a classic Chinese vegetable dish, served both at home and in restaurants.
Black bean sauce is used in many Chinese dishes. Its main ingredients are fermented soybeans and garlic. It is not hard to make the sauce but we choose to use an off-the-shelf product instead, in order to make this recipe simple.
Black bean sauce is very aromatic when heated and makes this string beans dish smell and taste wonderful.
- 12 ounces string beans
- 2 tablespoons black bean garlic sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 to 3
- Place a stainless steal wok on stove.
- Turn heat to medium high and add oil.
- When oil is hot, add black bean garlic sauce
- Stir fry sauce for 30 seconds.
- Add string beans and stir fry for 1 minute
- Add water
- Close lid and let it cook for 14 minutes.
- Open lid, turn off heat and serve on a plate.
- We use Lee Kum Kee Black Bean Garlic sauce for this dish.
- We stir fry the sauce first to release its aroma.
- It does take a while to cook the string beans. However, they should be slightly crunch but not raw at the end. The simmering time should be adjusted accordingly.