Sweet and sour pork is one of the most well known Chinese dishes. Traditional recipes usually call for deep-frying the pork first and mixing it with a sweet and tangy sauce. Our recipe is much easier to make and is also healthier.
Instead of deep-frying the pork, we simply stir-fry it with onions and ketchup. The onions and a little sugar add a wonderful sweetness to the tangy ketchup sauce. The stir-fried pork is very tender and juicy. Using only 1 tablespoon of oil, this dish is low in fat and healthy.
This is a very appetizing dish!
- 9 ounces pork tenderloin, cut into small slices
- 1 onion, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 to 4
- Add soy sauce and cornstarch to pork and mix well.
- Place a non-stick pan on stove.
- Turn heat to medium and add oil.
- When oil is hot, add onions.
- Stir fry onions for about 1 minute.
- Add salt and stir fry for another minute.
- Add pork and stir fry until pork is fully cooked.
- Add ketchup and sugar and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Turn heat off and serve on a plate
- We use pork tenderloin because it is tender and lean.
- Add more ketchup if you like it more tangy.