In this fried rice, cilantro is not just for garnishing. It is actually one of the main ingredients. Cilantro and tomatoes just go so well together.
Unlike traditional fried rice, this one is somewhat moist due to the juices from the tomatoes. It has a consistency a little similar to the Italian risotto.
If you like cilantro, you will love this delicious fried rice.
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped cilantro
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 2
- Mix soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Put non-stick pan on stove.
- Turn heat to medium high and add oil.
- When oil is hot, add tomatoes.
- Add salt.
- Stir fry tomatoes for about 1-1/2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir fry about 1-1/2 minutes.
- Add sesame soy mixture to rice and mix well.
- Add cilantro and mix well.
- Turn off heat and serve.
- If you like it spicy, you can add a few drops of Tabasco hot sauce at the end. This will also enhance the tanginess of the tomatoes.
- However, if you find the tomatoes to be too tangy, you can add a little sugar to the tomatoes when stir-frying them.